Yesterday was a sad day for me, yet a day that my heart rejoices to some degree. Death is a very strange thing. For a believer, death is far greater then life. Scripture states this: 6 So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. 7 For we walk by faith, not by sight. 8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord. I Corinthians 5:6-8
I lost a very special friend yesterday. She went home to be with the Lord. She was someone who touched my life in a way that I can't really explain. I can't put my thumb on it, I can't express it in words... but there was something about her that ALWAYS made me feel loved. I had talked with her daughter earlier in the day. At that point, she was doing ok. So, when I got the news 6 hours or so later that she had gone home to the Lord, I was caught off guard. I will miss her very much. Her husband will be lost without her; he loved her more then life. But he loves the Lord and I am confident that he will experience God holding him through this.
“I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me.” (Phil. 1:20-26)
My friend has been ushered into the presence of the Lord. I rejoice for her, but I ache for those who have been left behind. As I said before, death is a very strange thing and causes so many emotions inside of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment