Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday - Emily


Today, Emily is in Colorado. It is crazy, I know. She was home for a day or so. Once she got back to camp, she mentioned to her roommate that they should go to Colorado sometime. Her roommate had lived there for awile while she worked at Focus on the Family. All staff was told that they had to leave camp for one week.... for a rest. Christy couldn't believe Emily's comment. Te night before, she had recieved a call from friends who were storing some of her things. They were being deployed to Afghanistan in one month and she had to make a trip to Colorado before they left in order to get her belongings. And so... they left Saturday night and drove straigt through. It was a very long trip. But Emily is in love with Colorado. According to her, she is never coming home. I hope that is not the case! I would miss her!

She is really growing and maturing. God has taken her on quite a journey. She will spend a year at camp learning the ropes of camp minsitry. Her major has switched to camp minstry, so this internship will meet the requirements for her entire junior year! It is a real blessing. Em is a treasure. I really do not want to say that lightly or over use that phrase. Truly, there are very few young woman with the strength of character that she has. I can't wait to see what God has planned for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment