Friday, January 7, 2011

January 1, 2011 The Beginning of a Year's Journey

I love recording our life and I love making books that contain that recording. It gets overwhelming to copy and paste all of the journaling and all of the pictures into a book. It never use to be overwhelming, but as life has progressed, it seems to be another weight on my shoulders. I realized that blurb (the company I use to publish my books) will take a blog and transfer it for me into a book. That is a very appealing thing. Once it is transferred, I can tweak it anyway I would like. So... I have made a decision to create a new blog every year. That way, I can have a years journey in a book. So this year, our blog will be only for the year 2011.

My journaling is meant to savor the year's memories and for my kids to ... one day... look back upon and know that they were loved and rejoice in the wonderful memories that we are making together. And, if they are anything like me, most of these cherished moments will be forgotten unless they are written down. They are cherished for a time, but forgotten within the mix of all the other things that go on in life. I so often wish that I could have a few days in which I could look back upon my childhood and remember more then those "main" memories. Even those memories are memories that I have no recollection as to the timing of them. I have a general idea, but really am not sure how old I was or what was going on in life.

So... for my kids...and my grandkids... this blog is for you. May you treasure the memories. And.. may I be faithful in recording them for you!!! Mark, Emily, Erin, Sam, Jacob, Ri, and Elizabeth.......... you guys are my earthly treasure. I love you more then life.

No comments:

Post a Comment