I figure rather then try to catch up, I would just go from here. Today is Sam's highlight. So...what is new since laast week? Not much really. I am really enjoying watching him play soccer. Last night was one ,of the best games I've ever seen him play. He made some amazing plays. Unfortunately, he tends to be overshadowed by the star player. I wish, just once, the coaches would recognize another player's skills. There are a few on the team, including Sam, who do an excellent job and deserve the recognition.
Sam has a habit of opening our home to his friends right now. Recently, he had an FCA bonfire. I found out as he was sending out an invitation to the group. He told me he was telling everyone aboutthe bonfire. I said "great, where is it this time?" He told me at our house. I laughed adn said he needed to ask first. He seemed rather shocked and told me that I said they were welcome ANY time. I agreed, I did say that. So I had to explain to him that even though they are welcome any time, he still needs to make sure that it works for us. He said maybe 15 kids would show and they would bring stuff. 25 showed and 5 brought food. No big deal though. I really do enjoy the kids being around. I don't mind it at all. I provide the most economical meal I could.. hot dogs (someone brought), hamburgers, chili, baked potatoes, chips and salsa.
But last night, a mom approached us and said that the rumor was that the group going to homecoming would be coming to our house for a bonfire. Mark and I both just laughed. Her son had wanted to have it at their house but did not want to step on our toes. He wouldn't open up their house if it was for sure at ours. That was so sweet. Mark and I both begged her to step on our toes! The last 3 fires have been rather interesting. At the band camp out, a kid was doing flips on the tramp. He was a senior. I thought of telling him not to do it anymore, but didn't. 5 minutes later, he came in with a HUGE knot on his shoulder and having difficulty moving it. A few weeks later, the youth group came out (senior and junior high kids). A 6th grader went into our tree house. On his way down, he fell and broke his wrist (very, very badly and very obvious!). This last bonfire, a girl twisted her foot and left being carried. Needless to say, we are getting pretty uneasy about a bunch of kids coming out. So we were thrilled to have another mom ask us if they could have the kids there! (a group of 24 kids... all couples!).
On another note, I substitute in the schools tomorrow and friday. I have to admit that I am kind of excited about getting back into it. I really enjoyed subbing when I did it 7 years ago. But, I'm a little nervous too. In addition to subbing, I am officially a custodian for our church. I am very excited about that as well. I love being at the church and am so grateful for the opportunity.
No comments:
Post a Comment