It is so hard to write about Erin. We are lucky if we hear from her more then once a week. Even that one time, the conversation has been only a few short minutes. I can't really say how she is doing. It makes me sad, but that is how life is sometimes. Erin has always been pretty independent. I think that after she was stuck here for 9 months, she is probably enjoying that independency.
Jacob (her boyfriend) was able to make it to her game Friday night. It was nice for both of them because it had been 2 months since they had seen each other. Because it was a 2-game series, the team spent the night. The game was only 45 minutes from Jacob. So, he was able to watch her play AND spend 5 hours with her after the game. Then he came back in the morning and spent the morning with her. I think they both needed that time together.
I hadn't mentioned this before, but she is planning on getting her EMT certificate this spring semester. Then she hopes to be able to work over the summer as an EMT. She constantly amazes me.
As for life around here, I am enjoying the new changes. Jacob recently got his driving permit. 4 drivers now! Crazy! I feel a few more gray hairs coming on. When each of them get behind the wheel for the first time, it is a frightening experience. It never ceases to amaze me how they can allow a child, who has never had one lesson or class on driving, to sit behind the wheel simply because they could pass a test on paper. I think it is rather dangerous. He is a big fan of driving yet. Hopefully he will feel a little more comfortable and we will have a few more opportunities to let him drive. I don't like letting a new driver drive with others in the car, so we have to plan it when either Mark or I are alone with Jacob.
Sam completed his final task for the ROTC 4-year scholarship application. Now it is a "sit back and wait" period. Last Friday, I was a subsitute teacher for Ri and Elizabeth's first grade class. That was a lot of fun. They enjoyed it and surprisingly treated me like a sub rather then a mom. They really are great students!
No comments:
Post a Comment