Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Tuesday, Erin



Well, this video is what happens when you get a bunch of college soccer girls together. It was so much fun to look for Erin and to see my girl having fun.

Erin is doing well. I can hear the sadness in her voice and it breaks my heart. She sounds distant and far off. Oh, don't get me wrong, she loves being at college. But she can't participate in soccer like she would like to and it is breaking her. She has had to miss the scrimmages and will be, mostly likely, sitting out the first 2 games (at least). That kills her. She is trying hard to be tough, but I can tell how much it is getting to her. Yesterday was the first day she was able to practice an entire practice with her team. She is sore after playing, but that is to be expected. Pray for her. Pray for emotional strength and for complete physical recovery! It has to be hard to endure the emotions of watching her team play without her and with being away from Jacob. They won't see each other for a few months. Put those 2 things together and I can only imagine how difficult it is for her. My heart aches for her.... but God is working on her and she is doing amazing considering all that she has gone through.

Yesterday, I got a text from her. It said "I just experienced my first earthquake". I got it while I was talking with the BCMH nurse. I told her my daughter just experienced an earthquake. She replied... Oh yeah, it was a 5.3 quake... in Colorado! Ok. .. I was thrown off a bit! I said, no.. it was New York. She was sure it was Colorado. So I texted Emily, who knew nothing of an earthquake there. I then found out that Colorado had had an earthquake at 11:59 the night before. I then texted Mark to tell him about Erin having been in this.... his respond was "So was I". I was so confused! In a matter of minutes, I had found out that 3 of my family members, in 3 different states, had experienced an earthquake of some degree. Emily was in the state that had an earthquake, but didn't feel it. Erin and Mark both felt the earthquake that hit Virginia. I was so confused! .. .but thankful that all 3 were ok.

Emily travels home from Colorado today. She will be exhausted after having a "whirlwind" trip there. Please pray for her safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment