Monday, July 18, 2011
I woke up Saturday morning with a surprise text message from Emily. She was planning on coming home! Yay! We enjoyed every minute; despite the fact that the minutes went quickly! We also made a visit to my brother-in-law's church to run in a 5K. The boys and Mark all competed. I was planning on it... though dreading it with everything I had in me because my body is just not ready for one right now.... but Elizabeth has been in her shutdown mode and she was not about to let go of my arm. The race began and she started running right beside Mark and I. She was determined not to let me go without her. She ran 1/4 - 1/2 mile and Mark and I both realized that she was hurting but refusing to stop. I kept asking her but she refused to answer. I finally just started walking. She immediately stopped and then held on to my arm whimpering because she was hurting. I felt horrible for her. So... I never finished the race; honestly, I am not sure I could have anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment