Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sam is now at the Naval Academy. He began tne Summer Leadership Seminar on Saturday. He loved West Point. I think he ended up loving everything about it. I can 't wait to hear all his stories. My dad and I are traveling on Wednesday to pick him up. He isn't done until Thursday, but we are heading a day early so that the trip isn't too rough on us.

Jacob has finished his first week of lifeguarding. It is fun to watch the changes in him. He is very serious about his job. I am glad to see him working so hard.

Emily begins her first week with kids tomorrow. Please be praying for her and for the kids that she will be touching. She was used by the Lord to lead a child to him this weekend! What amazing stories. I love hearing how she is being used. She shared with me how she lead a child to the lord last year. That same child and her parents came to camp this weekend. Her father pulled Emily aside and told her how much the Lord had used her in their family. The child was saved and the parents were influenced so deeply by the change in the child and how Emily had effect her life, that they committed everything to serving the Lord. It was an amazing story. She was so blessed and in awe to hear how God chose to use her.

Elizabeth may end up needing another surgery on her finger. The fingernail has grown in very poorly. A few weeks ago, she ripped the fingernail pretty badly. We went to see the family doctor about it. She felt that we needed to see the surgeon and the only way for it to be repaired will be through surgery.

As for Mark and I, we constantly are in shock at how blessed we are. Sometimes, though, I find myself moaning and complaining. Often, it is based on how I feel about myself. Right now, I need a haircut and I got new glasses that I hate.... two things that are making me feel pretty yucky. Last year, at this time, I was training for a triathalon.. this year, I can barely make 2 miles. Add a few hormones and you have a recipe for the blues. It may be that I am a bit worn out with the emotional ride of 8 surgeries, 2 wisdom teeth extractions and 1 tooth extraction and now a possibly 9th surgery....Mix it all together and I find myself seeing thing a little less positively.

But... God is faithful, good, and always carries me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment