Another surgery (though a very minor one) is heading our way. We just got back from the Otolaryngologist (ear, nose and throat doctor). Elizabeth's hearing actually got worse. Mark and I had noticed that she was having more problems hearing us (at least more problems responding to what we were asking or saying). It seemed to have gotten a lot worse (to me). Sure enough, the hearing in both ears had gone down. The doctor is convinced that it is due to the fluid in her ears. So she will have tubes put in on May 13th. Funny, all the tubes I have heard of are due to ear infections. Noone I have talked to had any kind of hearing problems due to all the infections or fluid.... and our little girl has hearaing problems but never an ear infection! It is kind of strange. But.. as I love to say... the Millers don't ever do anything normal.
On another note, I had an amazing belated birthday gift show up on my doorstep Thurday night! Erin was at a friends house and due to come home at any moment. Jacob and I were up watching tv. I can't go to bed until all my kids are safely home! I was simply waiting on Erin to come home. Jacob must have seen the car pull in. He announced to me that Erin was home. He told me a couple of times. Then there was a knock at the door. I guessed that the door was locked. I told Jacob to let her in. But he wasn't moving very quickly, so I got up to let her in. Before I reached the door, it opened. In walked Emily. I looked at her and was so confused! I just looked at her, stunned, and said "You're not Erin". I was shocked! I had skyped Emily for an hour only 8-9 hours earlier. She was in her dorm room telling me of all her plans for the weekned. SHe had whined and whined because she couldn't come home for Easter Break. There were only 11 kids on campus, everyone else was going home. Because of the price of gas, we just couldn't justify going to get her when she would be home 2 weeks later (for good). We made her stay. So when I saw Emily, my mind was racing trying to figure it all out! I was just plain shocked. What a wonderful, wonderful surprise! Her friend had room in her car to bring her home. The only problem was that she had to meet up with her in Cleveland yesterday. Uncle Paul picked her up at the stop only 20 minutes from our house. And my parents to her to meet her friend yesterday. It was an incredible weekend. What fun we all had!
We had a wonderful time spending resurrection Sunday with my in-laws. For the first time in a very long time, we had the entire family together and were able to take a couple of family shots.
One of the themes for camp this year will be superheros. Emily is very excited about it. We found a few superhero shirts for her to take to camp. Sam had a superman shirt and the little ones each had a superman shirt.... so... we took a few fun pictures of MY superheros:
The pond still seems to leak, but after all the recent rain, it was filled to the brim. With the weather warming up a bit, the kids had a lot of fun searching for frogs.
s

No comments:
Post a Comment